Sunday, November 6, 2011

The time of friends.

It has been said that people come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. A 'reason' person could be a teacher, a co-worker or a friend who only needs to be in our life for a short time to get something accomplished, to remind us of, or teach us a lesson or to just be a bright light when you need it. A 'season' person seems to me to be the childhood friend we grew up with or the high school or college friend who we learned about life with, a neighbor who touched our lives then moved on. A 'lifetime' person may be a relative that we love or one who constantly tests us. But, lifetime friends are the jewels in our lives and a gift from God.

A very dear lady only came into my life a short time ago. She may be a 'reason' person. She steadied me on the path to renewing my religious education. This may also be the 'season', as she got me connected to many wonderful people in my church and made me feel comfortable about my place in the scheme of things. She has made me realize that I want to become involved with helping other people discover their own connection to God.  As of this weekend she has moved to the other side of the country. While I am so happy for her and wish her great joy and success on her new adventure, I will miss her. I know she will do great things. In the short time I have known her I have seen not only her great organization skills but her grace, humor and kindness. At her farewell party, I looked around the room full of warm, wonderful, loving people and saw tear filled eyes brimming with admiration. She is loved and will be very missed. We are grateful for modern technology that makes staying in touch so much easier, but not the same as being together.

Is she blushing as she reads this? I hope she is laughing too. I thank you for helping me get my feet on the path I need to follow. I thank you for all of the new friends I have made through you. I thank you for the joy and the laughter in these good, but too short times. But most of all I thank you for your friendship that I hope and pray will last a lifetime.

Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness and the very dear heart of a good friend to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment