Sunday, October 2, 2011

October

One of the TV stations has started showing scary movies for the Halloween season. I have gone back and forth on scary movies. There are many that I enjoy, but there are some themes I still don't like. As a kid we used to watch as a family. We watched The outer limits, twilight zone, on step beyond and a lot of horror movies. Once my parents, my two step brothers, step sister and myself were watching  a movie on a weekend afternoon. We were having dinner on TV trays. The movie was in one of those quiet, suspenseful screens.when you know that something is about to happen, but you just don't know what. All of a sudden a door slammed on the screen, less then half a second later a hall door in our house slammed. Everyone jumped and screamed at once. My youngest step brother had been buttering a roll. The roll went one direction and the knife went the other. We found them behind the sofa. My step sister ran back and forth across the room screaming, she didn't know which of us would keep her safest. I'm pretty sure that the ghost in our house was having fun with us.

I went for a long time that I couldn't watch anything scary, I couldn't go through a haunted house or even a wax museum. OK, I still think wax museums are a little creepy. That has turned around I really enjoy them now. My mind cant get passed the fact that it is lighting and actors. Enough to be fun but not enough to really be scared. I can appreciate the work put into it. There are some great ones around. Even if we can't afford to go to any this years I'm happy that they are there for those who can. I think one of the things that brought me back is the realization that there is just a fine line between here and there. Other then the ghost I grew up with, well I grew up, he didn't have a chance to. I also worked on a property in Old Town San Diego that had several spirits in residence. I kind of feel that they were friends in a way. I'm glad to hear that the 'Ghost Adventurers" team has been there and will show the results next week. On the other hand I completely disassociate myself from a time I dealt with Ouija bords and such. I very bad thing to do.

Halloween is the first step into the holidays. Summer is a wonderful thing, but I am glad it is coming to an end for now. It will be back faster then it ever has before. The older you get the fast the seasons go. I remember when summer was 'forever' long, now it passes in a blink. Now that Autumn is here it feels like this is the best season. ask me in December ans see what I think. Aren't we lucky that the world turns on its axis?  As the world turns. These are the days of our lives. Unless we live on another world, with all my children. I don't know where that came from, just shows what a sappy time of year this is...and Sappy rhymes with Happy.

Peace, Joy Love, Happiness and a Great Spooky movie to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment