Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Self confidence

Starting a new job is both good and bad for my self confidence. I have been so dormant for so long that my brain has gotten lazy. Even though I am picking up the details of the new job very well, I keep catching myself dropping into doubt. There have been things I was shown once or twice that I have expected myself to know completely. Then I catch myself and realize that I can't expect to know it all so quickly. I am reminding myself to be happy with the progress I am making.

I used to say I had low self esteem because there was very little about myself to hold in esteem. At that time in my life that may have been true. I was not making the right choices in my life.  I was not taking responsibility for my own actions. There really wasn't much about me to hold up in esteem. But when I was in this state of mind, what I needed to do was reach deep inside and find that something, Something to believe in, some God given spark to hold on to. With that one thing a ladder was built one rung at a time. I still stand on one rung for far too long sometimes, and occasionally I stumble and slip a rung or two. But hold on tight for when it is time to move again. This is my time to move up and forward now..

So, as I learn my new job skills and make new friends I learn more about myself and the fact that I have things about myself worthy of esteem. When I relax I know that it is okay to be myself. When I have self doubt and don't feel I'm good enough, smart enough or that I'm not learning fast enough I can choose a different perspective. I look at the other side and count my blessings. I am happy with the way things are going and how things are changing for the better.

Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness and belief in your beautiful self worth, my esteemed dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment