Monday, October 24, 2011

Turn of events

As my Face Book friends already know, my job assignment ended today. What happened was that the manager at the company thought that the job opening was a basic order entry job. But it turned out to be a bit more detailed then that. The position required product knowledge. The other people already in the position had a background of having worked at the company warehouse. So, since I do not have that background, they have to go with someone else. But  I have no regrets. I'm a little sad to go but I was very happy that I met some nice people and experienced a great company. The manager said that if they had a standard clerical position open I would be in. I know that I did my best.

According to my agency manager, they consider my time there as A+. They were only given the information for an entry level job, and are happy with my work there. I actually helped the client by clarifying what the job needs. I left my printed notes with them so they are on there way to having a procedure manual for the job. He also said that he appreciates that I understand that it was not personal. Someone else might be kicking themselves because they would worry about what they could have done differently. As I said I know I did the best that I possibly could. He was so happy with me that he went right to work looking for my next assignment. he thinks he found me a short term position. It pays a little more but is a little farther away. That would be fine since it is only for a few weeks. I am so happy that they are happy with me, and that they might have something the same day the other one ended. I should know more tomorrow afternoon.

I prayed so hard for God to get me that job. He did, even though it didn't turn out as I first expected, it turned out they was God planned it. It should be enough to get our rent in on time. In some ways that IS what I prayed for. I know that there is something else out there for me. In the mean time I will be happy with short term assignments as they come along. I get to meet more people, I get to try new things. I know God will be sure that we are taken care of. That makes me happier then anything.else in life.

Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness and continued adventures to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment