Sunday, October 23, 2011

Snow White.

I'm watching a new TV show that features faerie tale characters. Most prominent is Snow White. I haven't seen enough to make a decision, but it seems interesting. I figure we will probably watch a few episodes. I'm sure the producers are counting on that, It is interesting to see what their view of what happens after happily ever after.

Snow White is my girl. When I was a little girl faerie tales, and Disney, did not have as many princesses as they do now. My two blond friends would tell me that princesses are blond. I could point to Snow and prove them wrong. In fact she is Disney's first princess. I think it is funny that with the popularity of the princesses on toys for little girls, very often she is missing. Cinderella seems to be the most prominent. OK, I am going to be silly here and talk smack about these girls. Although Cindy was born a noble she was not born a princes, she married the title. She didn't stand up for her self and had to be rescued, first by her Faerie Godmother then by the prince. What a social climber. Aurora, slept through her story. Why was she asleep? She disobeyed and messed with the spinning wheel she was told not to touch. At least she was born a princess. Ariel and Jasmine are real princesses. Belle, another social climber who married into the title, but I will let her slide since she was a smart girl and fell in love when he was the beast not knowing she would end up with a prince. Snow White didn't go looking for a prince. When she lost her home and her status, she made the best of it. She and her seven new best friends were living happily when the evil queen tricked her.

Snow White is suddenly popular again. There are two or three movies in the works about her story. One has Julia Roberts as the evil queen. Another has Kristen Stewart as Snow White in armor. I'm looking forward to a 'kick ass' Snow White. Even when sharing the movie title with the three stooges, I will always love her.Still it is nice to be represented as a brunette, brown eyed princess. Although I recently saw a princess bedspread that had her with Cindy and Aurora and they gave her blue eyes. I have about 40 or more snow white items. I love them all. When I was in my twenties I dated a rich older man for his money. I told him how much I love Snow White and he did a garden in his yard for me with my girl and the dwarves and forest animals. I realized I was not the kind of girl to use someone like that and I broke up with him. I wonder if he kept the garden as it was. I will watch this new show again next week, just to see what happens next.

Peace, Love, Joy, Happiness and "Once upon a time" to all

No comments:

Post a Comment