Thursday, September 29, 2011

Autumn light

This morning when I got up I threw on jeans and a tank top. I went outside to look at my deck garden. I'm sure I had some strawberries that were just about perfect for breakfast. But it was dark out! I am so sure that it was light out this time of day just last week. The air was so cool and crisp. Really too cool for a tank. I refuse to put on long sleeves until at least mid October. I'm not the only one hanging on to summer. My bell pepper plant that I thought was done for the season has a new blossom. On Monday I had harvested what I thought were the last three peppers. Apparently I will have at least one more.

We did change the wreath on the wall by our front door.This one is all grape vine. A grape vine base with leaves in fall colors and little bunches of grapes. I also put out a swag that was commercially made. It has leaves and Autumn fruit. I love making wreaths. My Summer one fell apart and I didn't have the money to fix it or make a new one. Maybe next year. If I could make a living from crafts that would make me happy. Me and a million other people. I know some do make it. The product I would like to make to sell would be custom wedding garters. I have made them as wedding gifts. I make two, one to throw and one to keep. At one time I had wanted to market my peanut brittle. A food business is extremely hard to do. The business requirements are almost prohibitive. Maybe some day I can do one or both as a hobby business.

My interview this afternoon with the new agency went very well. There has been no job offer but the recruiter was very happy with my background. Over the years I have done many, many different jobs in different fields. The skills testing I did, went well too. I had higher scores then the last time I took them. My shoulder is still bugging me, at times my fingers get tingly-numb. By the way it is my right arm, so no panic. I think the weekend should make a difference. I want to finish the skills test from the other agency.

The sunset was beautiful this evening. Geese flying south in V formation almost seemed fake.I had great plan for what I was going to do this summer. Planning is not goal setting. Something I need to learn. I have been prepared to beat myself up about not accomplishing anything with this time I have had to myself. But, I have softened. At least for now.The night air, that I swore was warm just last week, has a slightly chilly bite. Somehow this makes me happy

Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness and Autumn breezes to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment