Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Shine

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm going to blog on Sundays. But, I probably will. I like Sundays just for what they are. Weather someone holds any kind of religious beliefs or not, a day of rest is a good thing. I do understand many people work on Sunday. When I lived in Las Vegas, I got used to the fact that all days are work days. You often hear someone say something like, "Wednesday is my Friday", "Monday is my Saturday", "Thursday is my Monday". It just worked out that way. I think it is interesting that there are two Catholic churches on the Las Vegas Strip. Yes, they do take chips in the collection, and yes it is the job of a Monk to return the chips and yes he is lovingly called The Chip Monk" . 

As far as weather or not someone wants to use their "Sunday" or "Sonday" for worship of what ever they want to worship or not is their own business. I don't care if you worship, God, Jesus, Buddha, Trees, crystals, Hello Kitty, peanut butter or belly button lint. It is your choice. But it does seem to me that if someone finds something to feel connected to it can be a source of happiness. I know of a lot of people who feel hurt by organized religions. I have too. But, consider letting that hurt go. the churches have moved on without you. holding the hurt is only hurting you. Also consider that there have been major changes in some churches. Some things that you would think would never change. For example, in the church I attend there are same sex couples who have adopted children. Even though there is not marriage 'yet', the children have been baptised. Who knows what happiness next?

Peace, Joy and Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment