Friday, September 16, 2011

This Princess is going to the ball.

Well, OK, it's not a ball. It is a dinner dance for Fr. Mike's 25th anniversary in service to the Lord. Don't let that fool you , it wont be church music and dull. It is in a beautiful setting, a beautiful atrium with trees and a meandering river, koi pond. there will be a slide show presentation and a 'roast' of Fr. Mike. Paul and I will be helping with getting it running. There will also be a reception at church on Sunday afternoon. We will be helping with that too. This will be a nice distraction from the craziness in our lives. I'm glad I don't have to be Cinderella, I already have my prince charming. I am already on my 'Happily ever after..."

I've had a little more progress on the job hunt. a few more options have come in, even though they haven't been a great fit, I'm sure the right one will come along. I think I am much more focused if I step back and don't stress. I can't be looking at the worst case scenario. I will be doing some skill testing over the next few days. I'm sure that will increase my confidence. It will also give the agency the information to work with to find a good fit. I will keep copies of my test results and will make use of them in my search. Confidence is  one of the keys to happiness.

This time tomorrow we will be home from the dance. I did make sure that Paul knows that we will be dancing. It was very strange today when Paul came home. My reaction was a feeling of contentment and peace. For some reason that made me sleepy. I went in to lay down at about 5pm and woke up at 7:30pm. Maybe that is why I am still wide awake.

This blog is, so much, still a work in progress. I find, though, that it brings me joy. Some of them are a bit mundane, I guess they cant all be gems. I think the gems will shine through as I work at it. I do need structure in my life to be happy. This free form time has not been the best for me. It is funny to say but I have a goal of learning to set goals. I wonder what happiness next?

No comments:

Post a Comment