Monday, September 19, 2011

Social Swirl back to Reality.

This was a fabulous weekend. I wrote a little about it yesterday. We had the dinner dance Saturday, and boy, did we dance.:-) On Sunday we had a reception on the Church lawn. It went well too. Fr Mike seemed so happy. This evening we had a pot luck dinner with Paul's Knights of Columbus brothers. We made my famous, very cheep, pasta salad. I use the last of our home grown bell peppers and a lot of homegrown mini tomatoes. (There are still some tomatoes that will come in and the strawberries are still going well.) We sat with a couple that we have been trying to get to know better. Friendships will come in time. There was another couple at our table that had some very interesting life stories to share. All in all a very enjoyable evening, rounding out a wonderful weekend. I hope we do it again.

Now that the 'party weekend' is over it is time to take a look at reality. With me still not working we stand to lose our phone. And with the phone goes the Internet. It is likely to go out on or around Thursday. The payment is due Wednesday. But, we just don't have it. The big truth is I know we are not the only ones out there in this mess. I keep us all in my prayers.The frustrating thing is I need the phone and Internet to get a job but because I don't have a job I lose my phone and Internet...which I need to get a job to pay for the phone and Internet.... (*big sigh*). I can use the Internet at the library for up to 1hr a day, if I can get there. We have to take as few trips as possible to save gas, which is just fine since the car insurance is the next thing to go. We can laugh or we can cry our way through life, I choose laughter.

Where is the happiness here? In the fact that no matter what happens to me, I am held in Gods hands. I know that Paul loves me and stands by me. I have a very cute and protective dogie. And when we close the door we're home and happy. I truly don't know what happiness next. This blog may just go to being posted when I can get on line. I'll try to make it worth while.

Peace, Joy and Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment