Saturday, September 10, 2011

Give it time

The emotional tension from that last few days is starting to ease up. I still feel a little tense, but nothing I can't handle. Things have not changed but I know something has to come up. I'm sure that given time I will feel better and things will change. With tomorrow being the anniversary of 911, I'm sure that there will be a lot of memories shared. I like the fact that they call it "Patriots Day".I know that they are expecting some attacks tomorrow. I hope people are safe. In time memories will be cherished and I hope there will be a time when fear will be replaced with pride. We need to give it time.It is also the birthday of a few people I know. I used to complain that it always rained on my birthday. The weather would be beautiful all week. but my birthday would always dawn gloomy and rainy. My best friend in college used to get tired of hearing this every year. He birthday is 9/11. I can never complain about rain ruining my birthday again.

We have been watch a lot of TV today, in avoidance of the work we wanted to do. I think it is interesting that no mater what cable system you have  No matter what package you buy, or in our case is given to us, there will always be channels you cant use. I am used to Spanish channels, I sometimes watch shows even though I don't understand much. Now where I live we also have Chinese channels. I haven't gotten used to it yet, but there is a kids show that is kind of cute. The main and only human character is an old lady, or actually a guy dressed like an old lady. Mrs Doubtfire style. It catches my eye sometimes.

The TV thing I don't understand is the travel channel has food shows, some are very loosely related to travel but just in the fact that they have to travel to the place where they are eating. But, it is not about the travel, it is about the food. The travel channel also does Ghost Adventures. I love this show, but Travel? I guess I don't know where else they could put it. I guess it's a good thing I'm not the program directer. On second thought it might be a fun gig. At least I would be happy with what is on. I heard that Howard Hughes bought one of the TV stations in Las Vegas so he could have them run what ever show he wanted to watch on TV at the time. That was long before Netflix. That would have made him very happy. Give it time and we will see how entertanment changes to make us happy.

Peace, Joy and Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment