Sunday, September 18, 2011

I could have danced all night ...

Yes, I could have danced all night. I am still considering " ... and still have begged for more." We had a wonderful time. The venue was beautiful, the food was tasty and the entertainment was wonderful. Unfortunately there were issues. Several people were served late and had to wait for there food. Two people at our table left when they weren't served at all. This is unacceptable. I have worked with catering when I worked for a country club and with a friend who had a go at catering. (She did great, it would have been great if she could have continued.) While we waited for their meals to be served, our dirty plates were not cleared. Not very happy there. We sat with dirty plates until after the show They roasted Fr. Mike. Very funny. We have a gentleman who is one of our readers in church, who is from England, We found out that he is a true fan of Monty Python. For the most part this was a wonderful evening. I miss getting out like this. I'm sure the problems will be taken care of by the lady who organized the event. She did a wonderful job. It was the catering that missed the mark.

We did dance. At my size I don't know what other people think. And, I hardly care. What others think of me is none of my business. I love to dance. Paul was a little shy at first, but once he got going he had a great time too. There was one part where he really got going. Someone yelled "Hey look at Paul go". "Go Paul, Go!" and he took center stage. I am so proud of him. During one of the slow dances I had to sit down for a moment and I had him dance with one of our friends. They looked like two third graders in dance class. It was cute. By the way, I am completely secure with my husband dancing with someone else. There were a few slow dances but we did a lot of rock free style, the twist and I did the pony for my sister. who loed that dance. I did get a little overheated so I sat on the side lines for a few moments here and there. I kept going with the "Hand Jive" from my seat

We have the church reception next. the best thing is spending time with family and friends. Church family, birth family, happy either way. We have spent a lot of time with Paul's family and I love them. We spend some time with my family. But they don't include us a lot. They are just not used to having us available. The last event of my family was a child's birthday party. My wonderful husband dressed up as the Cat in the Hat, to the delight of the kids and the humor of the adults. Paul is sure enough of himself that he knew having fun with the kids was most important. Getting out from the daily routine to celebrate what ever event is coming up, or just getting out to have fun with loved ones. Happiness all around.

Peace, Joy and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment