Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What Happiness Next? No really.

I am still reacting to a major disapointment. I called about a job posting on Craiglist. I know, Craigslist. I have been told that there are no real jobs there, but this was really written well and they suckered me in. As I said, I called. I was honest with the girl on the phone. I told her what I looking for and what I had to offer.I asked her some questions. She told me that there was some sales involved, some of it face to face. But it was not commision and that the base pay rate was $16.95. So, I arranged for an interview. They only hold interviews after 5PM. Maybe that was a red light. Paul decided to drive me to the interview so he could find parking just in case there was metered parking. We don't even have a quarter for a parking meter. It wasn't far by most standards, just to Walnut Creek, about 10 miles. We have a VW Bug so we get good gas mileage. On our way there we found out there was a bad car accident on the freeway so I was going to be late for the interview. The company rep called me to check on me and I assured her we were only a block away. She said that would be fine. Now I'm feeling a little bad. I get to the office a girl meets me, she has me sign in and hands me an application. Right across the top of the page it said "CUTCO". I had been told that the company name was Vector Marketing. The girl had gone back into an office behind a closed door. I went over and knocked. When she answered, I asked her point blank. "Is this job selling Cutco knives" She nodded her head. I said "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." She pointed behind me "Tell him.". Mr Sullivan the interviewer had come out of his office. I was reminded of the TV show Dougie Howser.  If this young man showed up to vote I would card him. He couldn't have been 20. I told him I was not interested in selling cutco knives. I wished him well and left. By the time I got to the elevator the tears were welling up in my eyes. I had been deceived. I called Paul to come back to get me We got back into traffic and came home. It really isn't the deceit, or the waste of time but the waste of the gas. We do not have any money to get more.  But I need to find the happiness here. Well, Paul and I got to spend time together on the ride. We always like that. I posted the company name on FaceBook so that none of my friends will get duped. As it turns out someone spoke up and told me that she had answered an ad but missed her interview, now she know that she is glad she did. Now that makes me happy.

The job search though non-craigslist job sites is getting better. At least I'm getting a few hits. I saw a couple of jobs that might work out for someone else I know. I called to see if she wanted me to e-mail them to her. She was interested. I was able to forward then along with a couple of sites he husband might use for  his search. I have put in several applications this week. My shoulder is starting to get better, I think.  I didn't get to help at the historical society today. I just would not me helpful without my right shoulder. I did return the historical timeline scroll from Queen of All Saints along with a newly compiled history of the church and the program from Fr. Mike's anniversary dinner. These will now be added to the archive. I was teasing Paul that now our names are archived in the historical society since we were included on the program. This made me happy.

My husband just took everything in stride today. He worked hard all day then came home and took care of me. I know that no matter how crazy things get. I have him, and I have the faith that God has everything in a plan. Of course it would be nice if he would give us a clue. But, I am happy.

Peace, Joy, Love and Honesty to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment