Friday, September 30, 2011

A few minutes with Lori DaRosa

Did you ever notice how sometimes one day can seem like many? I did that in sort of an Andy Rooney style. I heard that he is ending his segment on 60 minutes. I didn't always agree with his viewpoint, a little too cranky for me, but I liked his style. I sure would like a gig like he had. Good luck to him for whatever happiness next. Meanwhile, back to today. Things were very segmented.  We happened to wake up early today. We kind of got an early start. I got a special treat of a coffee at 7-11. That's two days in a row. Of course I had to pay today. I decided to treat myself and add French vanilla creamer in my coffee. I didn't read the ingredient label. It must have had coconut oil in it. I had a very mild reaction. It did taste great though. But, all in all, not worth it.

The things I planned a certain way just didn't happen that way. I didn't make it to church this morning, my neighbor was out front and we got talking. Sometimes I can be a recluse at home. Out in public I'm every body's friend. But at home I get introverted. Hard to imagine, and I don't know why it happens. I just cant interact well on my own turf. Maybe because these people see me, or at least my comings and goings everyday. If I do or say something wrong I have to live with it. Early on I must have said something in a conversation with the property manager and even though she is cordial, she doesn't seem to like me. Fortunately she likes Paul very much.

I ran some quick errands then home. I got a call from an agency I have worked for in the past. They had a very good job assignment possibility for me. By the time we discussed the details and I was told I would be submitted to it, it was time for me to go again. The recruiter then told me that he can't submit me until I took some skills test. These are the same skills test I've taken twice already this week. I had to tell him that I would have to do them when I got home this afternoon. As it turned out I didn't get back until late in the afternoon. I completed the tests and called the recruiter back right away. The call went to voice mail. I hope I wasn't too late. I assume I will find out Monday. I'm interested finding out if the scores improved.. One of the tests was a typing test. In my opinion typing tests are archaic. Almost no one types from copy anymore. I'm typing this, so I know what a keyboard is. I don't know what my WPM is.

Tomorrow someone is coming out to buy the storage shed. Other then that not much is planned, so nothing can go against them. Is happiness playing it by ear? Is happiness setting goals? I'll get back to you on that one.

Peace, Joy, Love, Happiness and orderly actions to all

No comments:

Post a Comment