Monday, September 5, 2011

Labors and jobs.

Hello my friends, hope you had a happy holiday weekend. To those of you who are returning to your jobs and to those of you who worked the weekend, thank you. I don't speak for everyone, but there are those of us who are unemployed or under employed, who just want to say that we are very happy for you to have jobs in this tough economy. I am trying not to be envious, because that will not do any of us any good, and I am optimistic that some of us will be back to work soon.

 I remember working on the Labor Day holiday myself.  I once worked at a small grocery store. As you would expect it was a very busy weekend for steaks, hot dogs, chips, beer and other BBQ and pic-nick supplies. In this little town, there were quite a few people who lived in a tent city by the river and did not work. These were the people celebrating labor day. Some of the other store employees were kind of angry about this. After all we were laboring and they were partying. Even though I wasn't down by the river with a steak and a beer, I had to laugh about it. I did think it was ironic that our jobs made their life style possible. I was reminded to be happy I had a job.

If you have a job you don't like I know a little bit about how you feel. I have had some bad, muscle straining, back breaking, mind numbing, soul sucking jobs. I have worked with customers, coworkers and bosses who seem to enjoy making every moment a trial. I don't think I should say BE HAPPY. But I will say try to figure out what you don't like. Can you fix it? Can you look at it from a different perspective? Even in this economy, can you change jobs? I will tell you that employers would rather hire some one who is currently working then someone who has been out of work for a while. Update your resume and get it on line to test the water. Maybe something new will come your way. After all - who knows what happiness next.

Peace, Joy and Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment